Pages

Saturday 30 July 2011

Battle of the Sexes: Boys (#4): Dimitri vs Peeta


Battle of the sexes is a new weekly meme created by us at Book Passion for Life. Every Friday we'll post a poll with 2 characters from 2 different books. We will alternate each week between boys and girls. We'll be running the polls for 12 weeks, at which point YOU thats right YOU bloggers will vote for your favourite character (boy or girl) depending on which week it is. At the end of the 12 weeks, we will place all previous winners into one poll where you will all vote for your ULTIMATE CHARACTER. That character will be crowned King or Queen in the Battle of the sexes final. 

Bloggers that wish to take part in this meme are welcome to do so. When you post the meme please link back to us. You are welcome to alternate each week, so if you would prefer to do girls first then you are welcome to. When posting this meme please include the following info on your characters:
  • Their stats like full name, date of birth, eye colour, hair colour, books they've featured in etc...
  • Three quote's for each character
  • The book cover from where these characters originate OR a photo that best reflects the character
Other than that, there isn't anything else to add to the meme. There are no rules, so pretty much anything goes. 

 vs 
  
Stats:
Name: Dimitri Belikov
Nicknames: Dimka
Age: 24
Hair: Light Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Description: He is 6'7", has a slight Russian accent his hair is a lighter shade of brown, he has tanned skin.
Books featured in: Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadow Kiss, Blood Promise, Spirit Bound, Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

Stats:
Name: Peeta Mellark
Nicknames:
 The boy with the bread
Age: 16
Hair: Blonde
Eye Colour: Blue
Description: Medium height, stocky build, has ash blonde hair that falls in waves over his forehead. 
Books featured in: The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mocking Jay by Suzanne Collins

Dimitri's Quotes

"The spell. Victor said you had to want me... to care about me... for it to work." When he didn't say anything, I tried to grip his shirt, but my fingers were too weak. "Did you? Did you want me?"
His words came out thickly. "Yes, Roza. I did want you. I still do. I wish... we could be together."
"Then why did you lie to me?"
We reached the clinic, and he managed to open the door while still holding me. As soon as he stepped inside, he began yelling for help.
"Why did you lie?" I murmured again.
Still holding me in his arms, he looked down at me. I could hear voices and footsteps getting closer.
"Because we can't be together."
"Because of the age thing, right?" I asked. "Because you're my mentor?"
His fingertip gently wiped away a tear that had escaped down my cheek. "That's part of it," he said. "But also... well, you and I will both be Lissa's gaurdians someday. I need to protect her at all cost. If a pack of Strigoi come, I need to throw my body between them and her."
I know that. Of course that's what you have to do." The black sparkles were dancing in front of my eyes again. I was fading out.
"No. If I let myself love you, I won't throw myself in front of her. I'll throw myself in front of you." 

"You're beautiful in battle," said Dimitri. His cold voice carried to me clearly, even above the roar of combat. "Like an avenging angel come to deliver the justice of heaven." 

"I'll find you. There is no place in this world you can hide from me. I'm watching.
Love, Dimitri" 
Peeta's Quotes


"So after, when he whispers," You love me. Real or not real?"
I tell him, "Real."



“Katniss?” Peeta says. I meet his eyes, knowing my face must be some shade of green. He mouths the words. “How about that kiss?”


“Yes, and I’m sure the arena will be full of bags of flour for me to chuck at people.”

Okay everyone! There's all the details on our boys this week. Two great males  to decide over. Here's the voting poll...so time to cast your votes! Winner will be announced once the 5 days of voting is up! Have fun :)

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhhhhh this one was so hard for me!!! I voted Dimitri but I do <3 Peeta too!

Steph Hall said...

I'm totally stuck on this one too :/ Can I have them both? ;D

Sahina said...

I looove Dimitri, I totallyyy had a crush on him when I was reading the Vampire Academy series! <3

Unknown said...

Dimitri, hands down ,no contest :)

DhesiX said...

Haven't read hunger games yet (i'm trying to convince myself to do it) But i don't think so this peeta guy could beat Dimitri!

Book Passion for Life said...

Sorry guys! I've had to go with Peeta! I can't believe Jess picked these two!!! Lol Totally not fair. Donna :)

Wee Shubba said...

That was so hard! But I had to go with peeta.

Victoria said...

It's Peeta!

Book Passion for Life said...

Dimitri!! *sexual growl* Lol...hey...we never said these polls would be easy...the harder they are, the better the competition. This one should be a lot of fun lol.

COME ON DIMKA!!
-Jess

Litza said...

PEETA! Oh man do I love that boy *sigh* One vote for the nice guys!

Liss Martz said...

PEETA it's my bread love!! <3

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

Dimtri <3!!! As much as I love Peeta, Dimtri is just down right sexy :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't read the Hunger Games yet, but I lost a lot of respect for Dimitri after reading Last Sacrifice, so I went with Peeta.

Jen (@ Jens Book Closet) said...

Dimitri ALL THE WAY! And I agree with Nic, Dimitri is downright sexy! Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE Peeta. Just...I love Dimitri more! :D

Jen
In the Closet With a Bibliophile

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis