Pages

Monday 25 July 2011

US vs UK (#16)


Welcome to Book Passion for Life's 16th US vs UK book cover battle. We've seen this posted on a few other blogs, and thought we'd jump on the band wagon!

The idea of this battle is once a week we'll post 2 sets of books of our choice, one US cover and one UK cover, and we'll just give our opinion on which one we love the most. Which cover captures the story, which one would catch our eye if we saw it on the shelf in a shop. The US cover will be on the left, and the UK cover will be on the right.

The Scores so far are: 
US: 4  UK: 6  Draw: 5 

US vs UK Round 16

Siren by Tricia Rayburn

vs 

Jess says:  This is easy. I pick the US. The UK cover is creepy and it would freak me out! I think the US cover is just beautiful, its subtly more mysterious and not creepy in anyway.

Donna says:  There's really no contest for me with this one. I have this book with the UK cover which I bought a while ago and being honest....I HATE THE UK COVER!! Erghhh! The girl on the cover really looks scary. Lol. What I love about the US cover is I find myself more interested in the story, it leaves me with questions about the people standing on the rocks and honestly its a lovely cover. So US for me! 

Which do you prefer?
_______________________

Witches of East End by Melissa De La Cruz

vs

Jess Says: I like the UK one for this one. The model is pretty and it's just a more attractive cover. The US one is just slightly dull and doesn't really do anything for me.

Donna Says:  I really love the UK addition. Does anyone else agree the US one is a bit.....weird and boring? Not to sure what's going on with that girl down there but the UK one reminds me of something from Bewitched. The women looks elegant and she's really pretty but I also like the wording and the little sparkles on the cover. UK for this one.

Which do you prefer?
__________________

Okay guys, this weeks US vs UK goes to.....Neither! It's a draw.

Come back next week for more US vs UK! :) 

6 comments:

Lyrical Brown said...

I prefer the US covers for both. I have a real thing against having close up faces on covers coz it really dates them and prevents me from making up what the characters look like to me. Plus I just can't stand people staring at me!

evening-green said...

In this case I like both US covers much better, the UK one are a bit boring in comparison.

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

I like the US covers for both too especially Siren.

Natalie Frampton said...

I love the Us cover for Siren thats so much nicer! I like the Uk and Us version of Witches of east but UK wins I think

Bex said...

I agree with you on both covers! Definitely US in the first one. The second is harder since both of them is a bit boring IMO, however the UK takes it anyway. :)

Liz. R said...

I like the US cover for Siren and I don't really liked either for the second one, but I'll have to go with US for that one too :P.

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis