Pages

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Teaser Tuesday (#21)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1) Grab your current read
2) Open to a random page
3) Share one (1) OR two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
4) Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 

Note: Alright bloggers. Jess here. It's just me today, as Donna doesn't have any teasers as she's only just started her new book, so I'll be sharing with you all 4 quotes,  all from the Iron Knight and all from Puck :D I hope you enjoy. 

Jessica's Teaser Tuesday: The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa


1) "Gazing up the long flight of stairs to the temple, Puck shook his head and sighed. "Stairs." He grimaced. "I swear there must be like some secret code. All mysterious ancient temples must have a minimum of at least seven thousand steps to the front door."


2) "Someone is up there," I said quietly. "I can sense it. It feels...likes it's waiting for me." "Well, then---" Puck sighed with exaggerated cheerfulness "---I guess it would be rude to keep it waiting."
  
3) "I am the keeper of the Testing Grounds, the one you will have to impress to earn your soul." "And you came out just to say hi? That's awfully considerate of you." Puck regained his grin and turned to me. "Don't you feel special, ice-boy? We didn't even have to go to the End of the World. Be polite to the nice hooded man, and maybe you'll get a soul."


4) "No! Bad Wraith! No touchie!"


What's your Teaser Tuesday this week? 
Leave us a comment below.



9 comments:

Erin W. said...

Puck is hilarious. Glad to see he's in this book and I can't wait to read it! Thanks for sharing!

Book Passion for Life said...

You're welcome. I'm sorry every other person with out a kindle has to wait to read it! It's fabulous! :D
-Jess

Wee Shubba said...

Love Puck! Really need to move my butt and gets books 2 and 3 read to I can review thus one.

Totally Bookalicious Teaser

Book Passion for Life said...

Jessica!! You let me down! WHY not Ash quotes!!! :( :( Lol Donna

Jessica ( frellathon ) said...

lmao I haven't read these but this Puck person sounds awesome.

Book Passion for Life said...

Haha I'm sorry Donna. I do love Ash, I really do, but Puck makes me laugh so much that I just had to share these quotes with everyone, and they aren't spoilery at all which is good.
-Jess

Bookish Brunette said...

Gah! I so need to catch up on this series!!!

Carina said...

Oh, Puck quotes!!! YAY. :)
I finally got approved for The Iron Knight as well and can't wait to start reading once I'm back home. :D
Thanks for sharing.

Carina

Book Passion for Life said...

Hey Carina!
You'll love it. I just added a fourth one lol. I couldn't resist. Probably my favourite Puck quote so far! Excellent!
-Jess

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis