Pages

Monday 17 October 2011

A Review for Carrier of The Mark by Leigh Fallon


Posted by Donna
Published Date: October 4th, 2011
Finished Date: September 24th, 2011
Publisher: HarperColllins
Source: Swap
Format: Paperback
Pages: 342
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRÍs. But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction.
<
The Review: I hadn’t heard much about this novel until it started popping up in people’s IMM’s but as soon as I heard about it, I knew it was a book I wanted to get my hands and overall, I’m really glad I did.


Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland with her father due to a job re-location. After moving schools before, she’s never really felt at home and never really felt like she fits in…well that all soon changes when she starts her new school. She makes friends easily and even seems to have caught the eye of a boy named, Adam DeRÍs.  Megan’s friends warn her that Adam and his family are bad news but she can’t help feel drawn to him. Soon Megan and Adam are swept up into a whirlwind relationship but find out that their feelings are tied to a fate that was sealed a long time ago, which could possibly lead to their deaths.


Carrier of the Mark was a great read and Leigh Fallon did a fantastic job with her first novel. I thought she created a very believable world with lovable characters, an awesome twist on fate and tied in new legends that were interesting and exciting. Not only were the legends awesome but the gifts that the characters had were fantastic. I couldn't wait to find out more about them and loved all the scenes where we got to see the characters use their powers.  I also loved the fact that this novel was set in Ireland, Being honest most novels are set in America so this was a nice change.


The romance in the story was a major plus. I love the connection between Adam and Megan. I really enjoyed the suspense within the first few chapters and enjoyed how you could feel the chemistry between them. Even at the end of the book, you could still feel how much these characters mean to each other and it’s just what I love about a romance novel.


I did however feel the novel slowed down in the middle of the story and then the last 50 pages things picked up again but ended very easily and very quickly. This is the reason I didn’t rate this book 5 out of 5 but despite these points, the book was still very good.

Overall Carrier of the Mark is not one to be missed for 2011. I'll look forward to reading the next book in the series and future books by Leigh Fallon.  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great review, I've been hearing seeing many mixed emotions about this book but I'm willing to give it a try now c:

SimplyMe said...

Great review :) I can't wait to read this, hopefully soon! Thanks for sharing!

Book Addict

Giselle said...

I can't wait to get into this one I've been seeing so many great reviews. Happy to hear that there is actual chemistry between the characters. I find it's often not the case in YA.

Giselle
http://xpressoreads.blogspot.com/2011/10/review-dearly-departed-by-lia-habel.html

Anonymous said...

Ooh I am really looking forward to this one. I have the kindle version on pre order :)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis