Pages

Wednesday 12 October 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (#1)


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

So for our first "can't-wait-to-read" selection which is due for release in the UK in November is:


London, December 1871

Orphaned and picking pockets in London’s Charing Cross station to support not only herself, but her ‘family’ of orphans, sixteen year-old Tiki steals the Queen’s ring and thinks she’s solved their problems. That is, until Rieker, a pickpocket from the North End, suspects her in the theft and tells her that the ring is really a reservoir that holds a truce between the British and Faerie courts.

When he warns her that the fey will do anything, including murder, to recover the ring, Tiki is unsure whether to believe him or not. To complicate matters, Rieker seems to know something about the unusual birthmark on Tiki’s wrist. But when Tiki and her family are threatened the game changes.

In a dazzling debut that takes you from the gritty slums of Victorian London to the glittering ballrooms of the Royal Palace to the menacing Otherworld, you won’t want to miss this thrilling tale of mystery, adventure and romance.


What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link at Breaking the Spine


Note: As some of you will notice, there should normally be My Book Boyfriend here, but Jess has ran out of book boyfriends, until she reads more books, so this is in it's place for today.



13 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to WOW!, this sounds awesome another one added to the TBR pile :).

Lisa@ButteryBooks said...

I am drawn to any book that takes place in London. Thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

I love the cover for this and Im always interested when I see a book set in Victorian London :D

Here’s myWoWthis week

Amy @ Turn the Page

Kt Clapsadl said...

Ooo.. Pretty cover!

My pick this week is Drink Deep by Chloe Neill, and I'm giving away an early copy here if you are interested. (Ends Tonight)

Carina said...

Welcome to Waiting on Wednesday. :D This is such a fun meme. Even though it usually doesn't have hot guys like your usual Wednesday posts have. :D
The Faerie Ring's on my to-read list, too. Sounds like a really good book. :)

Carina

Jill said...

Welcome to WoW...so glad you're participating!

Giselle said...

I've heard a lot of great reviews on this one I'm also excited to get a copy. Great pick!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Melliane said...

I totally agree with you ! I can't wait to read this one too ! It sounds so good !

Unabridged Bookshelf said...

I really want to read this book, and as soon as I open up some reading space I will. I just cannot wait for this book! Thanks for sharing!


My WoW

Victoria said...

I'm interested in this book too. I am waiting on ANGEL OF DARKNESS by Cynthia Eden.

vsloboda(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for this one too - but maybe a little longer than release day as it's sooooo expensive compared to the average hardcover book. I think I'll be waiting until the price has come down a bit!

Anonymous said...

Great choice! I'm usually not drawn to historicals, but really want to read this. The story sounds great and it's set in London, one of my favourite places to visit.

My WoW

Haley @ YA-Aholic said...

Oh I didnt even realize this book came out later in the UK! I have it on my shelf, hopefuly will read it soon, you girls know how I love my fae/fey/faeries/faery books! (;

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis