Pages

Thursday 15 March 2012

A Review for Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires #4) by Chloe Neill

Posted by Donna
Published Date: May 3rd, 2011
Finished Date: March 14th, 2012
Publishers: Gollancz
Source: Bought - TBR Reading Challenge 2012
Format: Kindle
Pages: 350
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: Times are hard for newly minted vampire Merit. Ever since shapeshifters announced their presence to the world, humans have been rallying against supernaturals-and they're camping outside of Cadogan House with protest signs that could turn to pitchforks at any moment. Inside its doors, things between Merit and her Master, green-eyed heartbreaker Ethan Sullivan are...tense. But then the mayor of Chicago calls Merit and Ethan to a clandestine meeting and tells them about a violent vamp attack that has left three women missing. His message is simple: get your House in order. Or else.

Merit needs to get to the bottom of this crime, but it doesn't help that she can't tell who's on her side. So she secretly calls in a favor from someone who's tall, dark, and part of underground vamp group that may have some deep intel on the attack. Merit soon finds herself in the heady, dark heart of Chicago's supernatural society-a world full of vampires who seem ready to fulfill the protesting human's worst fears, and a place where she'll learn that you can't be a vampire without getting a little blood on your hands...
<
The Review: After finishing Twice Bitten, I dived straight into this book; Hard Bitten and honestly it was just as good! so 3.5 out of 5.

This time around we see Merit take on Chicago on her own. With Ethan busy with a visit from a Master vampire, it’s down to Merit to put a stop to the raves where vampires feed of off willing humans. The raves have been gotten out of hand and there are three girls dead. Soon Merit finds herself on a race against time trying to solve who is behind it.  

Ms Neill is definitely packing some punches in over these last few novels and I really hope she keeps it up. I’ve heard people say this book wasn’t the best but I really liked it and it’s a high improvement on Some Girls Bite and Friday Night Bites.

I loved Merit even more in this book. She really shines through because she’s battling things on her own. She’s really head-strong and works hard at trying to find out who is behind the trouble. Now the scenes between Merit and Ethan have more chemistry then ever, if that’s even possible. Ethan is determined to win Merit back and he’s even more swoon-worthy. His love for her really shows but Merit is really stubborn and she doesn’t want to trust him again with her heart – well not yet.
All the while I was reading this book, I was screaming at her to just be with him and then that shocking ending!!! Noooooooo!!!! Even though I knew what was coming I still wasn’t prepared enough for the emotions that would pass through me – I cried like a baby and my heart was seriously heart-broken for Merit. I’m so glad I have Drink Deep ready and waiting for me. 

Favourite Quote:
 “You can run. You can keep running to the ends of the earth. But I won’t be far behind you.”
“Ethan—”
“No. I will never be far behind you.” He tipped up my chin so that I could do nothing else but look back into his eyes. “Do the things you need to do. Learn to be a vampire, to be a warrior, to be the soldier you are capable of being. But consider the possibility that I made a mistake I regret—and that I’ll continue to regret that mistake and try to convince you to give me another chance until the earth stops turning.” - Ethan & Merit
 

1 comment:

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

I need to stick with this series...I did buy book 2 so that is a good sign :)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis