Pages

Monday 13 August 2012

US vs UK (#54)


Welcome to Book Passion for Life's 54th US vs UK book cover battle. 

The idea of this battle is once a week we'll post 2 sets of books of our choice, one US cover and one UK cover, and we'll just give our opinion on which one we love the most. Which cover captures the story, which one would catch our eye if we saw it on the shelf in a shop. The US cover will be on the left, and the UK cover will be on the right.

The Scores so far are:
US: 15  UK: 18  Draw: 21

US vs UK Round 54

 Shadow Bound by Rachel Vincent

Shadow Bound (Unbound, #2)VS  Shadow Bound (Unbound, #2)

Jess says: I'm going with the US. I haven't read this one yet, but I want to so badly, I loved the first one. I definitely prefer the US cover, it'll match my UK cover. It just gives off a better vibe from the book.


Donna says:  I really don't know why the UK publishers decided to change their covers for this series. I much prefer the US one, it's so pretty. The UK cover doesn't really give the same feel, it's kind of boring in my opinion.


Add it to your Goodreads TBR list:


The Secret Circle: The Divide by L.J Smith 

The Divide (The Secret Circle, #4) VS  

Jess says: I really like both, but I think I'm going with the US. It's just giving off something better than the UK and it would make me want to pick it up. I think I will read this series, I really enjoyed the tv show and I'm gutted that they cancelled it so I think it's best for me to read the books to get more of the series.


Donna says:  I loved this series so I'm excited to continue but cover wise, I'm going with the US again. Although the covers are similar, I much prefer the font on the US and I like that the girl is in the background rather than so up close like the US.


Add it to your Goodreads TBR list:


Which do you prefer? Leave us your comments below!! =) 
__________________

Okay guys, this weeks US vs UK goes to..........US!!

7 comments:

Carly Chambers said...

Definitely the US covers for both. Every-time I see Secret Circle it makes me a little sad that they cancelled the T.V. show. Thanks for sharing :)

Yvonne Leacy said...

I actually prefer the UK cover for Shadow Bound but I am a bit annoyed that my first one won't match :/ I like the US cover for The Secret Circle

Lynn said...

US for both! 
I enjoyed TSC series and I loved the original books by L.J. Smith. I've read The Divide (which was written by a ghost writer) and it was very disappointing. =/

Erin W. said...

Definitely the US covers! Though I do like Shadow Bound's UK cover . . . it's quite eye-catching!

Suzanne @ Paranormal Book Fan said...

For Shadow Bound I agree with you guys and prefer the US cover but for Secret Circle I prefer the UK one, in exact opposite to you Donna, I prefer the font on that one lol

Addie R. said...

I agree, definitley US for both. I haven't read either of these but I've heard great things about both. I hope you enjoy them whenever you get the chance to read them:)

Catherine said...

I definitely agree - both of these US covers are nicer than the UK ones :)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis