Pages

Sunday 18 November 2012

Showcase Sunday (#24)


Showcase Sunday is a new weekly meme hosted by Vicky @ Books Biscuits and Tea. We will now be taking part in Showcase Sunday instead of In My Mailbox. If you'd like to join see HERE for more details.

Donna's Showcase!
Hey lovelies! I hope you've all enjoyed your week! I can't believe how quickly we're flying through November all ready and December will be here in no time. I missed a showcase last weekend because Jess visited me and quite frankly, I was too lazy too do it, Lol. Anyway, while Jess travelled to Birmingham and we went for dinner with Misty over at Bookaholic Book Club and talked about anything and everything.  <3 my girls! 

Eve and Adam Deity (Covenant, #3) Some Girls Are Just Listen
Anyway, I bought a few books this week. Eve and Adam finally came! For those who don't know, The Book Depository were selling the paperback for £1.65, yep bargain price! And Deity arrived and squeee guess what? I'm quoted in another JLA book! And here it is; 

I also bought a few audio books and picked Some Girls Are Just Listen. I'm not sure what I'm going to try first, maybe Some Girls Are seems as it's a smaller book and Just Listen is over 11 hours long.

 The Breakaway (The Breakaway, #1) The Host (The Host, #1) Release Me: A Novel Rock the Heart (Black Falcon Series #1)
I also bought The Breakaway on Kindle and I also bought The Host. Now I've never really been interested in this book because it never appealed to me but after watching the trailer - which is below, you can probably see why I want to read it soon. And for eBooks for review, I  got Release Me from NetGalley. I've read and loved this one. And also Rock the Heart - which I'm dying to read. 

Barbie Girl The Declaration (The Declaration, #1) The Resistance (The Declaration, #2) The Legacy (The Declaration, #3)
Barbie Girl is FREE on Smashwords! And let's not forget the physical review books that arrived in the mail this week; I have to admit, I've never wanted to read this series before because I'm not sure it sounds like my thing, so they are really for Jess to review but, I'm going to try them first just to see if I will like them. Lol. I love how they've re-designed the covers for the series though, it definitely makes it look more interesting but I'm really hoping I enjoy The Declaration when I finally read it. 


11 comments:

Carina Olsen said...

Ohh, lots of awesome, Donna :D Haven't read any of these, but they do look great :) Hope you'll enjoy them all. <3
Love, Carina

Sam @ Realm of Fiction said...

I hope you enjoy The Host, Donna. I'm not a huge fan of the Twilight books but I loved The Host! I can't wait to see what you think. :)

Carina said...

YAY! for being quoted. :)
Also really looking forward to hear what you think of most of these - especially THE HOST, because I've never really wanted to read that book either. :D Happy reading!

Mel S said...

What a bargain price for Eve and Adam! Wish I'd noticed that! :-)

Angie F said...

Congrats on being quoted again! That's exciting! The Host is one of my all time favorites! I haven't seen the movie trailer yet, but I am most definitely seeing the movie!

http://pinkindle.blogspot.com/2012/11/showcase-sunday-52.html

Paige Bradish said...

I read Eve & Adam and The Host and they were both pretty good. The first 100 pages of The Host drag a little but the rest of that huge book was so amazing, I can't wait for the movie!

My IMM

Suzanne @ Paranormal Book Fan said...

Congrats on being quoted hun :) I haven't read the Host yet either though I do have a copy but I also thought the trailer looked really good so I hope to read the book soon, before I see the movie. I also plan to read The Breakaway at some stage. Hope you enjoy all your books.

Jasprit said...

I love love love The Host trailer, I can't wait to watch it, I think they've done a great job with casting Jared, he's just as I imagined he would be! I really can't wait to see how you find it, it is a hard book to get into at first, but definitely pays off in the end. I can't wait to see what you think of The Breakaway and Some Girls Are, two books which I can't wait to read! Hope you enjoy all your books hun! :)

Carly @ Fiction Fascination said...

Oooh sounds like you girlies had a wonderful weekend! Wow on being quoted btw, Donna, I really have to read those books already! Some amazing sounding books, I need to get myself a copy of The Host! I hope you enjoy all these pretties & I look forward to reading your thoughts! :)

Emma Gray said...

You have some brilliant books, Donna. I can't believe you got quoted in a book. What does it feel like? I can imagine though! :D I haven't read the Half-blood series. Its tragic I know right! :D I have seen Eve and Adam and it looks really good and £1.65 that's a bargain! I may check that out! :P. In all honesty I haven't been that interested in the Host purely because of the Twilight Saga. Let me know what it's like. I too received The Declaration series, how is bit going? I hopefully going to start reading them next week. :D

Happy Reading!

My Showcase Sunday

♥Rachel♥ said...

So exciting to be quoted in Deity, Donna! Congrats and yay!! I've been loving audio books lately because it makes me feel like I'm not wasting my time commuting back and forth to work. Hope you enjoy them. Just Listen was one of my favorite Sarah Dessen books. The Host wasn't my favorite read but I'm excited to see what they do with the movie. It's been so long since I read the book. Great haul Donna. :)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis