Pages

Saturday 26 January 2013

A Review for Hooked by Liz Fichera

Hooked
Posted by Donna
Release Date: January 31st, 2013
Finished Date: January 4th, 2013
Publishers: Harlequinn Teen
Source: For Review
Format: Kindle
Pages: 368
Buy: Amazon UK / Amazon US / The Book Depo

When Native American Fredricka ‘Fred’ Oday is invited to become the only girl on the school’s golf team, she can’t say no. This is an opportunity to shine, win a scholarship and go to university, something no one in her family has done. 

But Fred’s presence on the team isn’t exactly welcome — especially not to rich golden boy Ryan Berenger, whose best friend was kicked off the team to make a spot for Fred.

But there’s no denying that things are happening between the girl with the killer swing and the boy with the killer smile...

GET HOOKED ON A GIRL NAMED FRED.

The Review: Get hooked on a girl named Fred? Well, it's Fredricka - which I totally prefer to Fred but Ryan sure does get hooked on our girl. I really enjoyed Hooked once I got past the first number of chapters. The start was pretty slow to start with but I'm really glad I stuck with it because once I got past that, the story is full of goodness.

When Fred is offered to play golf for her high school team, it's an opportunity she can't miss. It could possibly win her a scholarship and that means she could actually make something of her life by doing something that she loves. But, to allow Fred to join the team, her coach has to drop another member, which doesn't go down well with her team mates - who are all boys. It's safe to say Fred takes to slack but so enough, she can't hide the fact that Ryan - the handsome rich boy on the team is making his way into her heart. But how can they ever have a relationship when they're from two different walks of lifestyles?

I always love stories like this - when opposites attract. There's just something about them that no matter how many times I read this type of story, it never gets old. It's exciting and thoroughly enjoyable to read and that's what Hooked is. However, I do feel it lacked on the intense side. That's the only reason I couldn't rate this book higher. I've lost count now how many times I've read a story based around football, soccor, basketball or swimming but never have I read anything based around golf and it was....interesting to say the least. I have to say though, I did feel there was a little bit 'too' much golf talk at some points of the story, I wanted a little more action between the characters but still, Hooked was an enjoyable read.

If you're looking for a easy to read contemporary romance book, then I'd highly suggest Hooked and I'll be definately keeping my eyes peeled for Riley and Sam's story.

2 comments:

Sam @ Realm of Fiction said...

I think Hooked could have been a little better too, but I enjoyed it as well. :) Great review, Donna!

Danny Bookworm said...

Yes, a little more action between the characters would have been great and also something what I felt was missing. Other than this, I liked it and I#m looking forward to the neyt one!!

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis