Pages

Friday 2 August 2013

A Review for Angel Fever (Angel #3) by L.A Weatherly


Angel Fever (Angel, #3)Posted by Donna
Release Date: August 1st, 2013
Finished Date: July 31st, 2013
Publishers: Usborne Publishing
Source: For Review
Format: Paperback
Pages: 512
In the devastated remains of the world, millions of people live in "refugee" camps provided by the angels who have all but enslaved humanity. 

As this angelic stranglehold tightens, Willow and Alex are recruiting and training new Angel Killers while struggling to hold ground on the celestial battlefield. But Willow continues to have feelings for Seb, and her love and resolve are tested as a shattering revelation sends Alex on a separate journey. 

Now that the final battle versus the angels is about to begin-and the fate of the world hangs in the balance-each of them must face the consequences of their own choices. 

Will love endure? Will the human race survive?

The Review: "God, Willow. I seriously don't know what I ever did to deserve you." I stretched up onto my tiptoes to kiss his lips. "Whatever is it, I'm glad you did it."

My journey with this series started way back in 2010 and since then, I've been utterly and completely hooked. Now with the arrival of the third and final instalment, I'm left astonished by how truly amazing this series is. 

After the mind-blowing events in Angel Fire, Willow, Alex, Seb and the gang are trying to pick up the pieces and work out their next steps. They know they need to continue with the fight against the angel's but, with the world in ruins, it's going to be a even harder journey. Deciding to go into hiding seems like their only choice but, they still need to work hard to achieve the ultimate goal - to destroy all the angels. With the return of someone close to Alex, Alex realises that he needs to go on a journey by himself, which brings some life changing events to Willow. But with the final battle around the corner, Willow needs to take charge and finish thing once and for all - but is she strong enough?

I'm so pleased that Angel Fever was worth the wait - it was amazing, just truly amazing! I was luckily enough to find time to re-read the first two books before I got my hands on the final book, and I'm so glad I did. I never realised how much important information I forget over time, so by the time I started Angel Fever, I knew exactly what was going on. L.A Weatherly delivers an unforgettable finale - one that was so emotional that I was on the verge of tears. I thought my days of nearly crying was over after I read Angel Fire, - which was an emotional sequel, but once again L.A knows how to get her readers going. 

As a final story, I thought everything was wrapped up perfectly. There wasn't any unanswered questions or little thoughts I had after - which I find I get a lot after reading a final book, but none in this series. It makes me love it that much more, and that the ending was so perfect. The final battle was just so good too, it was sitting on the edge of your seat good - I was such a huge bundle of nerves. 

Willow and Alex have really come a long way. I wasn't sure what was in store for them this time around but again, it was nothing like I expected. I was so invested in their relationship that I felt every emotion that they were feeling, and times, it was completely heart-breaking, but then so beautiful at other times. Willow and Alex are just perfect together - no matter their ups and downs. 

In all, Angel Fever is one of the most beautiful and satisfying conclusions I've read in a long time, and this series will forever remain a favourite of mine. It's definitely a keeper, and if you haven't picked it up yet - then what are you waiting for?

No comments:

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis