Pages

Sunday 13 July 2014

My Life in Baking #3: Mini Chocolate Oreo Cupcakes

Hey everyone! So yep, we have another baking post today! It's Birthday season in my family and friend circle so it's definitely cupcake making time. I just wanted to thank you all for the comments for the Lemon Meringue Cupcakes, I love you all! 

So today we have something a little different. I was asked to make these very special cupcakes for my friends daughter's 2nd birthday party and with little kiddies running around, what's best? Well mini cakes are best, but what child doesn't like Oreo's...none that I know anyway. ;) 

So today's pick is Mini Oreo chocolate cake with an Oreo cream cheese buttercream. 

1) Pre-heat oven on gas mark 2 or 3

2) Prep your baking cases by placing them in the trays then adding one Oreo to the bottom of every cake case

3) Place butter and caster sugar in a bowl and cream together until the mixture turns fluffy and light

4) Add in the flour, coco powder and eggs and mix all together 

5) Stir in the vanilla extract and the milk

6) Use a spoon or ice-cream scoop and place an even amount of mixture into your cases. 

7) Bake on a low gas. I use 2 or 3 and bake until the cakes have risen - usually around 10 minutes or place a tooth pick inside one cake and see if the mixture is cooked.

8) Take out of the oven and place on a cake rack to cool. 


8) While your waiting for the cakes to cool down. Make the Oreo cream cheese buttercream. 

9 ) Mix the unsalted butter in a bowl until the butter is light and fluffy

10) Add in half the icing sugar and mix together, repeat until all the icing and butter have all been mixed together. 

11) Add the cream cheese and mix, then add the tsp of vanilla extract and some crushed up Oreo biscuits.

12) Beat all together until your buttercream is very fluffy and light 

13) Only decorate your cakes ONCE the cakes have cooled down. Then decorate as you wish and place a Oreo on top!
Enjoy! 

7 comments:

Melanie Hall said...

They look delicious! =)

BookarooJu said...

Love the sound of the icing--especially as my daughter has asked me to bake her an Oreo birthday cake this year in October. I found a 'cookie' silicone cake mould in Aldi for £3, so I'm all set I think, but thanks for the inspiration for making it even more Oreofied. ;o)

DonnasReviews said...

Julie £3 for the cookie mould? That's fantastic! I've wanted one for ages but they're nearly £10 on Amazon. Enjoy!

BookarooJu said...

Yep. I thought it was a bargain but had no idea they were that much elsewhere. ☺

Mist_BookaholicsBookClub said...

Oh my gosh they look good, I bet they went down well with the kids :)

Natalie Cleary said...

Yummy!! I'm not a fan of oreos but my boys love them :)

Jess Watkins said...

These look mouth-watering! Another recipe I'm going to steal from you... ;)
My sister makes a delicious oreo cheesecake :)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis